If you are looking for elderly products or solutions to help seniors with daily living activities you are at the right place.
specializes in products for the elderly and equipment for disabled seniors. We provide practical solutions for the daily challenges many elders face when performing routine tasks.
Our product line includes elderly devices, caregiver tools and a range of disability aids designed to make life a little easier for older adults .
Elderly care is our business. We have been assisting seniors and their caregivers since 2010. We also work with contractors needing equipment for home modification to make living at home safer and more suitable for elders who want to age in place.
We understand the special needs of the elderly, the concerns loved ones may have and the challenges caregivers often experience. We designed our product line with you in mind.
Throughout this website you will find information that will help you to:
- Understand what is available. We show you different options that may assist with specific challenges.
- Identify solutions to meet your needs. We inform you about various assistive devices and systems that you may not know about and describe conditions or daily living issues they can help alleviate or solve. This makes it easier for you to identify solutions for your particular situation.
- Make informed decisions. We provide checklists, tips, data and other relevant information to consider when evaluating possible solutions.
How Elderly Products Can Meet Your Needs of Daily Living
The frustration many older adults experience when dealing with limitations often associated with aging can be alleviated with the use of appropriate elderly products for daily living.
Today’s technology makes it possible for seniors to maintain their independence while remaining in their own residence. For those who are not so independent, assisted living is also made possible right at home.
The key is to recognize the signs of weakened physical or mental abilities and consult with your health care professional about making some adjustments and the use of assistive devices.
Using elderly products that meet your needs such as a specialized phone with amplification technology if you are hard of hearing can be life changing for you and those around you, as this device facilitates normal phone conversation for people with hearing difficulties.
Adult Bed Rails Offer Many Solutions
Adult bed rails can be used for different purposes depending on the need. The most common use is to keep people from falling while sleeping. Safety bed rails for elderly people are typically available in different models and styles to accommodate specific situations.
Installing bed rails is fairly simple; selecting one to suit your specific needs can be difficult. You will first need to assess your needs. Bed rails for elderly people can:
- Protect you from falling. Seniors and people with disabilities are known to fall while they sleep. This can cause injuries such as bone fractures or other condition.
- Help you turn or move around. People who have trouble turning or adjusting to a more comfortable position on their own appreciate this support. A trapeze can also be used for this purpose.
- Provide the support you need to get in or out of bed. Many seniors find it difficult to do this on their own due to balance issues. This support helps you keep your balance while you stand up at your own pace.
Once you have assessed your situation you will need to decide which type of rail will be suitable for you.
What Type of Adult Bed Rails Do You Need?
|Portable– This is compact and is designed to provide support as needed even if you are traveling. It is easy to carry around, take it with you wherever you go (picture on the right)|
Support Rails– These are designed mostly to provide support to maneuver around the bed and to get in or out. They are not designed for people who need full protection.
Adjustable– Some of these models can be adjusted to accommodate queen or king size. Adjustments may be also be in length or in height (see top right of this page).
|Portable Bed Support|
Pivoting rail – There are models that can pivot down and out of the way at your convenience; place them on one side or both sides of the bed (see picture at top left of this page)
These are just the basic types to give you an idea of what is generally available. There are variations within these types as well as additional models.
When making your selection remember to check the weight capacity to make sure the model you are interested in is suitable for your weight.